Boutique Hotels in Brighton
What is a Boutique Hotel?
New Steine is a beautiful boutique hotel – in a beautiful Brighton Georgian property. The terminology of Boutique hotels describes an intimate, usually luxurious or quirky hotel environment.
So what precisely is a boutique hotel?
Boutique hotels differentiate themselves from larger chain or branded hotels by providing personalized accommodation, services and facilities. They are sometimes known as "design hotels" or "lifestyle hotels" and began appearing in the late 1980’s beginning becoming more popular in the 1990’s. A real boutique hotel is furnished in a stylish or themed manner.
The concept of boutique or design hotels has spread throughout the world, including European countries like Spain and East Asian countries such as Thailand. Many boutique or design hotels are sprouting, especially in resort locations, such as Phuket or Koh Samui demonstrating that the concept has penetrated beyond the typical design capitals of the world.
Boutique hotels are usually considerably smaller than mainstream hotels, ranging from 3 to 50 guest rooms.
- Architecture and design, style, distinction, warmth, and intimacy are key words in the architecture and design of boutique hotels. These are criteria for customers looking for a special and differentiated property able to fulfil their individual needs. Boutique hotels are not boxed into standards; the definition and expression of a theme is a crucial path to success.
- Guest rooms and suites should have as much technology such as direct dial telephone, Wi-Fi Internet and often more than your usual 4 TV channels as well as having a Flat Screen , but equally may have none of these, focusing on quiet and comfort rather than gadgetry.
- Most boutique hotels should have on-site dining facilities, and the majority offer bars and lounges that may also be open to the general public.
- Boutique hotels in city destinations, location still ranks number one on guests' priority lists. Good locations for boutique hotels are not determined only by manner of convenience, but also by the "trendiness" and "chic-ness" of their respective neighbourhoods.
Despite the above standards and definition, the popularity of the boutique term and concept has led to some confusion.
Boutique hotels have typically been unique properties operated by individuals or companies with a small collection. However, their successes have prompted multi-national hotel companies to try to establish their own brands in order to capture a market share. Some B&Bs also think that by hanging a nice picture or two they had just become a Boutique hotel, although there is some overlap between the concept of a small boutique hotel and a bed and breakfast.
Boutique hotels should offer excellent food so we chose to use local products in everything from breakfast to dinner. At New Steine Hotel, we host the occasional show during the Brighton Fringe Festival, including our Supper Club, so our guests can feel in tune with what is going on in Brighton. Our reception and concierge service is open 24 hours/day with priceless local knowledge at your fingertips.
Contact Hervé, Kes or Stephane NOW!
For that personal touch to your stay: 01273 681546
- Brighton Boutique Hotel Rooms
Each of our boutique bedrooms have been designed to incorporate comfort with modern facilties.
More about our Hotel Rooms Brighton >>
- Brighton Hotel Special Offers
Whatever the time of year the New Steine Hotel has a special offer to suit you and your budget.
Find out more about our current special offers here.
- What's On in Brighton
Brighton has an amzing amount of bars, nightclubs, comedy venues, theatres and cafes to choose from, you could go somewhere different - each day for a year!
Find out What's On in Brighton during your visit.
- Fabulous Facilities
Our hotel has facilities to suit both the leisure and business traveller. Including: Direct Dial Telephones, Free Wireless Internet access, desk space for laptops and paperwork, 24 hour Room Service, Hairdryers, Tea/Coffee making facilities, luxury toiletries, and most with Flatscreen LCD TV's with up to 45 channels offering News, Entertainment, Music and Children's programmes.
- Why not hold your conference at our hotel?
We offer fantastic rates including Accommodation & Breakfast, 3 Course Dinner, Room Hire, 2 servings of Tea/Coffee, 2 Course Lunch or Finger Buffet, Flipchart & Pens, Paper & Pencils, Mineral Water and Free Wi-Fi.
Find out more about having your Conference in Brighton.
- Read what the Press says:
Brighton Boutique Hotel Reviews.
- Award Winning Bistro
Read more about our Award Winning New Steine Bistro.
The New Steine Bistro has been
awarded the AA Breakfast and Dinner
Award for outstanding quality and service.